- Ingredients for the Quinoa and Stir-Fry:
- 1 1/4 cups Dry Quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1lb package of Seitan
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 large head of Broccoli, chopped into pieces
- 4 teaspoons Canola Oil
- Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Agave Nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon Black Bean Paste
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
Bring the water to a boil, add quinoa and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender, let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork when ready to serve.
Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well to dissolve corn starch. Set aside.
Heat the two teaspoons canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seitan, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook for two minutes and add broccoli. Cover and let cook for 5-10 minutes, checking the broccoli until it is crisp-tender. When it is, add sauce and browned seitan and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
Serve with additional soy sauce and Sriracha sauce if desired.
Read the blog post where this recipe originally appeared.